Last week it was girls night at my house. To give the ladies a little treat I decided to bake some yummy cookies. On my search for a great recipe, I stumbled upon these Russian curd cheese cookies. After switching up the ingredients and baking time it worked wonders. They were a big hit! If you are a fan of creamy, sweet pastries, this is definitely for you. It would be a great easter treat!
- 400 g (1 1/3 cup) curd cheese
- 250 g (1 cup) soft butter
- 250 g (2 cups) flour
- 1/2 TL (1/2 tb) baking powder
- 1/2 TL (1/2 tb) salt
- sugar for rolling
- 1. Preheat your oven at 200° C (392° F).
- 2. Mix curd cheese with the soft butter. Carefully blend with the flour. Add baking powder and salt and work until your dough is smooth. (Tipp: I added a little more flour during that process to keep the dough from sticking)
- 3. Roll the dough out on a floury surface. It should be about 3-4 cm (1,18-1,57 inches) thick.
- 4. Cut out circles with a glass.
- 5. Once you have your dough circle, dip one side of it in sugar. With the sugar on the inside, fold your circle in half. Again dip one side of the halfcircle in sugar and then fold it into a triangle. Roll your triangle in sugar and place it on the baking tray. Repeat with every dough circle!
- 6. Bake cookies in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
What’s your favorite cookie recipe for spring or easter? Let’s chat in the comments.